About FIRST® LEGO® League
League introduces younger students to real-world engineering challenges
by building LEGO-based robots to complete tasks on a thematic playing
surface. FLL teams, guided by their imaginations and adult coaches,
discover exciting career possibilities and, through the process, learn
to make positive contributions to society.
Elementary students get to:
- Design, build, test and program robots using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Learn critical thinking, team-building and presentation skills
- Participate in tournaments and celebrations
What FLL teams accomplish is nothing short of amazing. It’s fun. It’s exciting. And the skills they learn will last a lifetime.